For a better world
Under the motto "For a better world" within the ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) program, we are fully committed to the development and implementation of socially responsible projects in the field of environment, digital literacy and corporate governance.
Our strategic commitment is to be a socially responsible company that maintains high ethical standards, to contribute to society by showing support for vulnerable social groups and their needs, to respond to changes in the community and to contribute to the development and protection of the environment.
From 2020, ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) is part of the strategy of the A1 Group. ESG is committed to environmental, social and corporate governance, and embodies the responsibility that companies, which are part of the A1 Group, carry through their activities internally and in their environment.
Ambitions of A1 Telekom Austria Group for the environment:
- Climate goals for the environment by 2030 are to achieve net neutrality of carbon dioxide by reducing emissions and gradual transfer of energy from renewable sources
- Long-term goal of increased energy efficiency by 80% compared to 2019 and
- Recycling more than 50.000 old devices a year.
Ambitions of A1 Telekom Austria Group for digital literacy:
- Social ambition by 2023 is educating more than 100.000 people - especially focused on children and youths - in the digital literacy segment, giving people the confidence and skills to actively shape the digital world and ambition for corporate governance by 2023.
Ambitions of A1 Telekom Austria Group for corporate governance:
- To increase the female participation in managerial positions to 40% across the Group by 2023, while maintaining or exceeding our total female share of 40% in the entire group,
- To maintain the compliance management system with best practices and externally certified to protect the integrity and confidentiality of A1 Telekom Austria Group.